It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:58 pm

Text Size
Login

Out of date beer for sale

Want some information on a favourite craft beer or want to share your own thoughts with the community? This is the place to do it.

Postby newbier » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:06 pm

So my local centra has just been completely revamped which includes a craft beer fridge and new stock not before sold, I was delighted!

40 quid ‘invested’ in my local shop later and I was at home opening a can of metalman pale ale and it tasted disgusting, I’d a quick look at the best before dates and they are out of date, see pic.

What do others do in this situation? Speak to the shop? Tell the brewery?

The same centra stocks blacks BIPA which is also out of date and tastes like a bad brown ale. I spoke to the shop about it at the time and the manager just laughed and kept filling the shelves so I just stopped buying them. But these beers weren’t on offer the until last week so the suppliers stock must be out of date too!

This sort of thing cant be good for the breweries rep. I bought some cans of Boyne ipa a few months ago that were infected or something and exploded when opened. I didn’t do anything at the time but I wish I did now.Image
newbier
Beoir Member

Return to Craft Beer Talk